If you had to assign a monetary figure, what value would you put on your health? If you look at your weekly budget how much do you invest in your health and wellness? Most weekly budgets will include the mortgage, car loan, food, petrol, utilities, perhaps a gym membership (which I hope is used!), perhaps you get your hair and nails done once in a while. When you actually look at what you spend a very small proportion of your weekly income will be spent on keeping you healthy. Isn’t that interesting? What makes us put ourselves last in the queue?
Think about the gadgets you own, smart phones, laptops, tablets, toys, clothes, tv subscriptions, what about the holidays you enjoy? We surround ourselves with items that we ‘have to have’ and we justify the cost, no matter what the price because we assign a value to that item. When items we treasure begin to age and breakdown, no problem we replace or ‘upgrade’, we tend to see things as replaceable. But what is the one thing that we can’t replace? Yes, you guessed it, it’s ourselves! A well-known saying is “look after your body, it’s the only place you have to live”. We’re do your health priorities lie?
Ask yourself these questions:
- “Do you work out regularly?”
- “Are you 100% satisfied with your level of fitness?”
- “Do you get tired in the afternoon or evenings?”
- “What do you typically do when you need an energy boost?”
- “Do you experience getting tired before you get your ‘to do list’ done?”
- “Do you have consistent energy throughout the day?”
- “Do you get 7-8 hours of complete rest every night?”
- “Would you consider yourself slightly sleep deprived?”
- “Would you say you have a sweet tooth?”
- “Do you eat any processed foods like chips, crackers, candy daily?” “How about soda pop?”
- “How much impact do you think processed foods have on your health?”
- “Do you wish you could magically give up your favorite junk food/drink?”
- “How different would your life be if you had sustainable energy throughout the day and well into the evening?”
Are you 100% happy with your answers or do the questions highlight areas of your health that might need improving? What is it going to take to make you prioritize your health? Unfortunately most people wait until a major health scare before seriously considering how their lifestyle choices are literally knocking years of their life. Our current state of health is a summary of all that we have done in the past. For our bodies to heal it takes time, just as it takes time for our bodies to get unwell. Make your health a priority from now on, don’t take your health for granted!
If you need advice and guidance on how to life a healthy life message me on Facebook and I will be happy to help. Tell me the value you place on your health in the comments below!